Welcome to the Applied Optics Group at CTU Prague
The main research themes in our group are applications of optical metrology in industry, analysis and synthesis of optical systems, theory of optical imaging and phase retrieval in optics. We investigate and develop applications of various optical measurement techniques (interferometry, wavefront sensing, phase retrieval) for testing of image quality of optical systems and optical surfaces and we try to apply adaptive optical elements and systems.
Our current focus areas are:
- analysis and synthesis of optical systems with variable focus lenses
- phase evaluation in optics
- applications of adaptive optics in optical metrology
- topography measurement using confocal chromatic principle
- measurement of image quality of optical systems
We also cooperate on several applied research and development projects with a large manufacturer of optics Meopta-optika (www.meopta.com).